About Me

June 22-July 10 we will be in the Czech Republic to partner with Frydlant Church and do an English Camp. We will post periodically to update you all who are supporting us back home!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

From Cory

What have I learned on this trip? It would have to be that Jesus loves in all languages. The statement came to my mind during this trip. Even though there was a slight barrier between us and the Czechs. We were all connected by the same goal. The same love for Christ that we all wanted to share with others. We were able to create new relationships. I was really touched by our journey to Auschwitz. My heart was torn to see what those people had to suffer through. That was an experience that no history class could describe. What impacted me the most I think was seeing the prosthetic limbs and children’s clothing of the people who died at the concentration camp. Then walking through the gas chambers just sent an overwhelming feeling of sadness over all of us. I remembered touching the palm of my hand. It’s still sore from my scooter adventure the day of the hike, but as we walked down the platform of Auschwitz II I thought about all of the people that suffered so much more then I did. When they stepped out of the train with all of their worldly possessions. They were promised a new life and a better future. They didn’t know that their families, friends, and neighbors were going to die. They had no idea what was going to happen. Then I thought about all the stories that I have heard about the faith of these people. Even through all of their grief they knew God would rescue them. He would set them free and deliver them from their hardships. That thought was a great comfort to me while we were walking through the camps. It made a huge impact on how I will look at my life in the future. Even though this was my third time to Czech, I think this journey made the most impact on my life and I wouldn’t change that for anything.

No comments: